Thursday 8 May 2014

Playing God

I can now create 3 types of objects: Planets, Coins and Stars. I'm not sure what the coins and stars will be used for, but the general pattern is there are 3 stars per level which are difficult to get to but don't stop you from finishing any level; and you collect coins to buy stuff like power-ups or rockets.

Objects can be dragged or resized using the handles on them, but they don't yet snap to the grid.

I added an object management table in the Objects side bar, but the objects don't yet belong to any layer nor can they be turned ON/OFF.

NSBezierPath is cool to work with to programmatically draw vector graphics. I drew the stars and the coins in Excel art and picked the coordinates visually - that reminded me of how I used square paper to draw graphics for the ZX Spectrum.



The Level inspector also has working World dimensions:


No comments:

Post a Comment